Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ask the expert

Sometimes getting my own child to listen to me about a topic I have expertise in is like getting a gold fish to sit and stay. It's just not going to happen! However, I have learned that my child's friends are interested in learning something new from me. How about an "ask the expert" section for the academy 21 parents to share knowledge with any child willing to ask? I am willing to share regarding psychology / sociology and any topic related to my interests. I am also willing to see what various topics the kids are currently researching. If it is an area I am willing to research because I want to learn something new and share in the excitement of learning with them by passing it on, then more power to both of us! How could this exchange occur?
AF

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy, I think this is a splendid idea and would be happy to share knowledge about learning and education in general. If students are interested in entomology, the study of insects, I could also assist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't is amazing what we can learn from each other? I would have never guessed that was one of Gerises' areas of expertise! Makes you wonder what hidden talents people have!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy, I also think this is a great idea. Perhaps publishing a page on the blog kids can access that actually lists areas of expertise among parents, and known people in the community who are willing to help could go a long way in the students seeing learning as something that goes beyond the walls of Asa Clark. Parents could list their occupational expertise, and any knowledge in which they also happen to be experts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ralph and I would be willing to share expertise. I have expertise in General Sales Management and specifically in Healthcare environment, Ralph has expertise in Retail Management and we both have expertise in general business topics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see that someone has added a Parent experts blog. I am not sure if we should offer our assistance here or there. Jeff is an architect. (He specializes mostly in health care design and construction.) I am a graphic designer and could help with anything related to print or web design (Photoshop, InDesign, Quark, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, HTML, CSS)

    ReplyDelete